Bralettes for Big Boobies: Who Knew??

Fall has finally arrived in Washington, D.C., and with the new season comes new pieces for my closet! I generally don’t do a ton of shopping for fall and winter items (because I already have way too many), but I always like to pick up a few new things every year. Fall is my favorite season for trying new styles, new colors, and new flavors.

I was browsing downtown one day after work and came across this velvet bralette at Forever21. Now I love this whole bralette trend as much as the next girl, but bralettes are clearly for the ladies with little or no boobies, right? I have double Ds. DOUBLE. Ds. There’s just no way I could possibly finesse this trend and slay like everyone else. My girls need love, support, and full coverage. However, I bought the bralette on a whim (for only $10, you can’t beat it!), and decided to try something new.

I went to another blogger’s launch party this past weekend (shout out to My Style Authority for a great time!), and decided to style the bralette for that event. My inspiration came from the super sleek and chic black pantsuits we see on red carpets everywhere, and I wanted to make the bralette my pop of color. I pulled the blazer straight from my closet, it’s an old Forever21 basic piece I’ve had for years (I’ve linked a similar look below). My black skinnies are from Fashion Nova, the strawberry statement belt is thrifted, and I don’t quite remember where my black pumps are from, sorry!

As for the bralette? It’s full coverage, it’s comfortable, and it’s cute! I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I had no nip slips, side boob action, nothing whatsoever the whole night. I did get a size up to accommodate for my girls (a medium), and it makes such a difference in ensuring my security. My chest has always been a point of concern for me, in that I thought I couldn’t rock a lot of the looks women with smaller chests wear. Now I feel empowered and confident that I can be more adventurous with my style. For my other ladies with similar concerns, don’t be shy. Go for it! Taking risks sometimes has amazing payoffs.

Check out the links for everything below!

Velvet Bralette (similar look)
Simple Black Blazer (similar look)
Black Skinny Jeans
Black Patent Pumps (similar look)

Advertisements

24 Comments Add yours

1. tom says:

Bralettes Rule… On you

2. Desiraye says:

I love it !!!! Keep it up girl ✨

1. naturallykam says:

Thank you boo! ❤️

3. Erin S. says:

Okay but your skin looks so flawless in these pics! I love it. As a big boobie girl myself I can appreciate a good bralette. I’ll have to check those out

1. naturallykam says:

thank you so much!

4. E. Jones says:

I love the whole look, especially the color of the bralette. I’m part of the small committee (LOL) but I am happy to hear that you found one that worked for you because you rocked it.

1. naturallykam says:

thank you so much! I have to go back to find more colors now lol

5. Leslie says:

You look sensational! And it’s always a bummer trying to find undergarments for the Double D’s, I’ve been lucky to find some at Target though – check them out too. Cute post chica!

xx,
    Leslie / @hautemommie / http://www.thehautemommie.com

1. naturallykam says:

Thank you so much! And I may have to check out Target, I’m in there all the time (lol)

6. YES VELVET! lol. I love that the bralette looks as sturdy as you describe. Also eyebrows!! Great photos

1. naturallykam says:

thank you so much! lol

Liked by 1 person

7. Your outfit looks great on you. How did you feel in the bralette? I enjoy a lot of coverage because I wear 34DDD so that my boobs do not sag. Would I experience that slightly if I wore a top like yours?

1. naturallykam says:

Thank you! I definitely felt comfortable, my boobs weren’t sagging drastically or anything. With bralettes there isn’t a lot of support though, there’s no wire or padding or anything to lift you up. for triple D, there would definitely be some sag (natural boobs do that anyway), but it depends on your comfort and personal preference honestly. I’ve worn regular bras under sports bras before just to still have the lift and not be jiggling everywhere. Up to you.

8. Autum says:

oooh, this bralette def completes your look! I need to purchase a few because the one that I have are too snug

9. naturallykam says:

Thanks! And you should definitely try these out, this bralette was a great deal!

10. Bralettes for big boobs? Omg, I need to run to F21 right now. You looked stunning.

1. naturallykam says:

Yes, do it now! (or tomorrow, it’s late lol)…but thank you so much!

Liked by 1 person

1. You’re welcome 😊

11. It really does look good on you. I doubt I could rock that. Love the color and the fact that it holds the milk jugs too… Praise him!

1. naturallykam says:

Thank you so much! Don’t be scared to try, it could look amazing on you!

12. LOVE this look! I’m a fan of wearing bralettes even in the colder months, layering is always key! Love your style 💙

1. naturallykam says: