Good Vibes and Great Style: The Glamorous Life Beauty Show

The event scene in Washington, D.C. is always popping, with a wide variety of things to choose from every weekend if you are looking for something to do. I was fortunate enough to receive an invite to the Glamorous Life Beauty Show on October 29th, put on by Genesis Level (@genesislevel on Instagram), a modeling agency based here in D.C. The event was advertised to have models, a runway show, and several performances. However, it turned out to be so much more.

The event was held at the Josephine Butler Parks Center, a historic mansion in Northwest DC that is often used for special events. Given that the night was cold, dark and rainy, the venue wasn’t much to look at from the outside, but once inside, it was gorgeous, with plush red carpeting on grand staircases and floor-to-ceiling windows. My only gripe with the venue was that there wasn’t enough parking (my friends and I walked for 30 minutes in that cold rain!).

img_3155.jpg

Now, on to the event. The networking segment was amazing, with so many vendors and industry professionals to share with and buy from. I made quite a few key connections at the Glamorous Life show, as it was the perfect opportunity and vibe to pass business cards around. I also saw some amazing outfits, including some furs I need to go cop (I always love a good fur!). I even purchased a super cute choker from Powder N Pose (@powdernpose on Instagram), her table is pictured below.

The performances from local talent were pretty interesting, and there were appetizers passed around for all to enjoy. I even caught up with an old friend or two! This event was a great time and space for meeting new people, seeing the creativity and talent from local artists, and an overall awesome experience. It was everything I didn’t know I needed.

Look details:

Dress: Forever21 (similar look)

Pink Faux Fur Coat

Nude Booties

Clutch: Zara (similar look)

Rhinestone Choker

What are some things you like to do on the weekend?

Advertisements

10 Comments Add yours

1. crayg36 says:

I have never been to Washington, but this article make me want to add it to my list of places to visit. By the way, I am feeling your outfit;

1. naturallykam says:

Thank you! And you should definitely come visit 😌

2. E. Jones says:

It looks like it was a fun event but it sucks with the parking situation (cold, raining, and having to walk….no ma’am, LOL). I also loved your outfit…very pretty ♥️

1. naturallykam says:

Lol thank you so much! And that parking was trash 😩😂

3. I always find events like this so inspiring- I l love meeting up with other creatives! Definitely, something I need to do more of!

1. naturallykam says:

Definitely consider it, it’s a great branding opportunity!

Liked by 1 person

4. This looks like a wonderful event to go to for fun and to connect with other creatives. I hollered when you said you had to walk for 30 minutes under the cold grr i can imagine. Overall im sure the night beat that incovenience

1. naturallykam says:

It was so wild! I’m sick now because of it 😒😂

1. oh noo, I knew that was coming. Prompt recovery to you dear xoxo 🙂